November 1st, 2022
An iconic course on the largest island of Hong Kong.
Explore the trails traversing Lantau island.
TransLantau100 by UTMB® covers 102km on the most scenic trails on Lantau Island, for a cumulative elevation gain of 4,900 meters. This is a challenging trail run which requires adequate training to complete the full route within 30 hours. The route includes steep climbs and downhills, the highest climb being the Lantau peak (934m).
This race is semi-self sufficiency (9 refreshment posts are located along the route) marked with reflective orange ribbons and signs at intersections. To enroll for the TransLantau100 by UTMB®, you must be a finisher of a 100km trail race OR a 50-km trail race in <12h within the last 3 years.
Hybrid Rules & Regulations
- The event period is from October 28 to November 18, 2022. Participants can start anytime during this period.
- The cut-off is extended to 34 hours (there is no intermediary cut-offs)
- There is no aid station (no food and no drink) on the course.
- The course is NOT marked with signage (but you can check the course on our app LiveRun).
- You will need to use our app LiveRun and your own GPS device to validate your race performance.
- You will upload your GPX track and your photos on the course to the LiveTrail event webpage.
💦 WATER MIN. 2L Bottle or bladder
🥜 FOOD RESERVE recommendation: 1000kcal (e.g., 4 gels+4 energy bars of 65g each)
🔦 TWO HEADLAMPS with replacement batteries
📱 MOBILE PHONE & POWER BANK:
🌬️ A WINDPROOF JACKET
❄️ SURVIVAL BLANKET recommended 1.3 x 2m
🤕 ADHESIVE ELASTIC BAND for strapping, min. 80cm x 2cm
💰 CASH (MIN. HK$100) for public bus or taxi in case of withdraw. Octopus card is recommended
- Ngong Ping village, most of the stores and restaurants close around 5-6pm
- Ngong Ping Tak kee restaurant（德記）
Hours: 10:00 - 19:00 * drinks, noodles, snacks
- Tai O, most of the restaurants open until 6pm
- Shui Hau village kiosk（鳳凰士多） Hours: 09:00 - 22:00 * drinks, noodles, sandwiches
- Pak Mong village kiosk(容記）， 9133 0304(can call to extend the hours if necessary) Hours(weekend only): 10:00 - 17:00 * drinks, snacks
⚠️Be ware of dogs⚠️
There are two locations you need to be aware of 🐕🐕🐕as they can become aggresive esecially at night
Tai O village
- Just keep walking an stay calm
- Hold a water bottle on hand, if the dogs are trying to attack you, you can splash the water on them to scare them
- Hold a stick
Once your result is validated, you will receive a notification email to pick up your finisher hoodie around mid December.